171 research studies support the effectiveness of Accelerated Reader.
In total, 171 research studies and reviews support the effectiveness of Accelerated Reader. Of these...
- 145 were led independently
- 30 are experimental or quasi-experimental
- 26 have been published in peer-reviewed journals
*As of January 2013
Search the library of research on Renaissance Learning tools here.
There is consensus among key federally funded organizations charged with evaluating educational products that Accelerated Reader is fully supported by scientifically based research. Moreover, these organizations agree that AR is effective in improving students’ reading achievement.
- What Works Clearinghouse
- Florida Center for Reading Research
- National Center on Student Progress Monitoring
- Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory
- National Dropout Prevention Center